Monday, August 22, 2011

Results of My Week 1 Frauen Bundesliga Predictions

Frauen Bundesliga Fun:

Predicting opening round results is particularly difficult to do in any league. Now, 24 hours removed from week one’s matches, let’s see how much I lacked in foresight.

Predictions:

Wolfsburg 3-Jena 1:
Actual Score: Wolfsburg 3 – Jena 0.  No let downs for Wolfsburg’s defense this match. Solid win. Last season, Wolfsburg struggled with teams that finished in the lower and middle part of the table.

Last year’s significant results excluding matches against Duisburg, Frankfurt, and Potsdam:

First Round:
·        Saarbrucken 2-Wolfsburg 3
·         Leverkusen 3-Wolfsburg 2
·         E. Schonebeck 3 Wolfsburg 2
·        Wolfsburg 1 Bad Neuenahr 4
·        Hamburg 2 Wolfsburg 1

Second Round:
·        Wolfsburg 3 Leverkusen 3
·        Wolfsburg 1 E Schonebeck 0
·        Wolfsburg 2 Hamburger 3
·        Wolfsburg 1 Jena 2

Duisburg 3 –Lok Leipzig  0
Actual : Duisburg 2 –Leipzig 1
Had I known about Inka Grings, I may have not said that Duisburg would win by 3 goals—but I would have predicted they would have won.

Frankfurt 4-Schonebeck 0
Actual score: Frankfurt 3 –Schonebeck 0. I blame Garefrekes for failing to finish any of her chances once she was subbed in! J

Turbine Potsdam 3 Hamburger 0
Actual Score: 4-0
Behold the power of Potsdam’s strikers—Anonma and Nagasato. Scary to think that they played so well together in only the first match of the season.

Bayern Munchen 1 Bayer Leverkusen 2
Actual Score: Bayern Munchen 3 Leverkusen 0
This is the match that I wanted to kick myself for thinking that Leverkusen might pull an upset. Bayern Munchen is secretly my “watch out” team. I have a feeling that they are going to have a strong season.  My apologies to Bayern Munchen. I should have picked you.

Bad Neuenahr 2 Freiburg 2
Actual Score: Bad Neuenahr 2 Freiburg 2
I completely nailed this one. Thank you, for giving me credibility!

Week 2’s Preview and Predictions should be up sometime Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment