Monday, August 29, 2011

Results of my Week 2 predictions


Montag/Monday’s “How did Kroc Do” report:

Here is a fun look at my previous weeks Frauen Bundesliga’s predictions

My Prediction: Bayer Leverkusen 0  Turbine Potsdam 5
Actual score: Bayer Leverkusen 0  Turbine Potsdam 3
I probably jumped on the “nobody can beat Turbine Potsdam” wagon just a little too early.  History was made. Anonma scored Turbine Potsdam’s 1000th goal. Congratulations on the milestone! Now, can I have a free jersey? A poster? Something?

My Prediction: Hamburg 0 Duisburg 2
Actual Score: Hamburg 0 Duisburg 2
Thank you Duisburg!  (Duisburg has yet to play a consistent 90 minute match)

My Prediction: Lok Leipzig 0 Frankfurt 3
Actual score: Lok Leipzig 0 Frankfurt 4
With American Ali Krieger scoring—I’ll accept that Frankfurt scored one more goal than I had predicted.  How awesome was it that Lok Leipzig had 1,692 fans at their match? I hope that they will have large crowds the entire season!

My Prediction: Wolfsburg  2 Bad Neuenahr 0
Actual Score: Wolfsburg 1 Bad Neuenahr 1
Wolfsburg was lucky to escape with one point. Bad news (did I just write “Bad” for “Bad Neuenahr”? I did.) Disturbing news for Bad Neuenahr--  Young forward, Celina Okiyono da Mbabi is out for at least four weeks with a high ankle sprain (syndesmosis for all of the ankle injury geeks out there). Bad Neuenahr now has most of the team’s strikers injured.  Their coach has stated that Okiyono da Mbabi has probably had this injury since the France World Cup game.  Prior to the match,  Bad Neuenahr’s coach stated that Okiyono da Mbabi was only playing at about 60-70%--yet she played the entire match against Wolfsburg. Hmmmmm.

My Prediction: Freiburg 1 Bayern Munchen 2
Actual: Freiburg 3 Bayern Munchen 1
Last week I did not pick Bayern despite believing that they are a solid team. This week I picked them knowing that Freiburg could easily upset them. Should have gone with my hunch. Freiburg’s Leupolz is the real deal. Bayern needs extra practice with finishing drills.

My Prediction: Essen-Schonebeck 0 USV Jena 1
Actual Score: Essen-Schonebeck 1 USV Jena 0
Perhaps Martina Voss-Tecklenburg will have better luck after the winter break.

 For a serious more in depth review of Spieltag 2, Click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment